record spots in switzerland ?

davesrecords

Guest
Jan 16, 2004
1,802
0
1
will be there this summer and was wondering anyone know any good stores/dealers/fleas/shows etc...i know there are some dealers on ebay from le suisse with crazy records but they seem a bit too pricey for me, actually now that i think about it that whole country is probably too damn pricey for me...anyways if anyone knows any spots with some cool stuff (libraries/funk/jazz, etc) i would appreciate it...dave
 
I was only there for about a day, but I found a spot called Oldies Records in Bern. I think it's in Bern, near the train station. It was fairly decent. Unfortunately I was only there that one day and I found it about 20 minutes before they were closing. I picked up the gomorrha lp and some polish jazz records.

It's worth checking out, at least it was in 2001.
 
thanks i'll be in zurich but i think it is a pretty small country so i should be able to get to that one...

dave
 
I'll be travelling to Zurich-Basel in April and I think there ain't any decent spots in Basel.. but Zurich Anyone?
 
Yo Dave,

try to contact DJ Pesa in advance, he has a private sale in his cellar with serious heat:

http://www.pesa.dj

Get all your money with you, I saw not much countries more expensive than switzerland... And I saw a lot...

All the best & have much fun out there,

Scope
 
yea I'll be in Zurich Easter weekend I'm sure everything will be closed on sunday. Leaves me one shopping day in town. Doubt I'll have a chance to dig. Unless it's a random record store walk by...
 
if you're searchin some hiphop/funk/soul i would recommend these three stores

6pack -> nice collection of hiphop and extensive collection of disco/funk/soul
hum records -> not so big collection but some rarities.. the funk rarities are very pricey tho
mono records -> hiphop and the biggest funk/soul collection i've seen (ok i didnt see very much stores besides those
wink.gif
) the dudes there also know their shit very well

yea enough money is a must.. i spend 300chf easily in one diggin day
 
in Zurich the best spot for libraries is Spooky Sounds, and you might want check 16tons too...


there is also a flea market on saturdays at the "Kanzlei Platz" that can be pretty nice
 
There??s SERIOUS stuff to be found in Switzerland, but as others say, maybe a bit pricey. I remeber Grope telling me about this dealer he traded with who was like some Swiss Biz Markie (Swizz Markie !!!!) or something. Anything he wanted, dude would root through his cellar and say "got it". Pretty cool.

Pretty place, too. Zurich has loads of good clothing stores, if you??re into, you know, clothing and stuff...

- J
 
Dave - Switzerlands a place of stunning beauty, be sure to take in some mountains & the national potato & veal dish (forget the name, rosti something!?), holy shit, Interlaken is cool too
 
Zurich:

6 Pack Records' owner DJ Nail is a really decent dude. Also holler at Sprutzi (sp?) at Mono records in Neiderdorf.

take a ride to Beil and look around there... can't remember any spots, but check it out. It's the swiss version of a rough neighborhood.
raerface.gif
 
Most of Z??rich's record shops are in the same part of the city, so if you take the tram to Stauffacher you'll be in walking distance of most of them. These are a few of the better ones but there's also others worth checking I can't think of. Z??rich's expensive but definitely a cool city for record shopping. Also bear in mind that the shops will be shut from 16.00 - 17.00 on the Easter Sat and won't open again till Tues.

Zero Zero's - B??ckerstr. 54
16 Tons - Rotwandstr. ?
Spooky Sounds - Freyastr. ?
Tapioka - Freyastr. 21
6 Pack Records - Badenerstr. 131
RecRec - Rotwandstr. 64
Bikini - Zeughausstr. 55

On the other side of the city is Mono: Froschaugasse.