Intros that melt

I always dig the into to Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups.





The version from the Flood live double album.





hancoc_herb_flood~~~~_101b.jpg
 
Mr_Lee_PHD said:I always dig the into to Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups.





The version from the Flood live double album.





hancoc_herb_flood~~~~_101b.jpg





Never saw this album before. Is it worth tracking it down?
 
disco_che said:Mr_Lee_PHD said:I always dig the into to Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups.





The version from the Flood live double album.





hancoc_herb_flood~~~~_101b.jpg





Never saw this album before. Is it worth tracking it down?




Great album, but not terribly easy to track down. Used to cost $100+, but this just happened, so who knows? Maybe you'll have an easier time?





http://cgi.ebay.com/Herbie-Hancock-Flood-JAPAN-Only-Release-LISTEN-/250675915015?pt=Music_on_Vinyl
 
Byrds "Stranger in a Strange Land." I picked up an OG Mono Turn Turn Turn the other day so they are enjoying a renaissance of sorts right now.
 
neil_something said:re-discovered this one while digging out some records to play at a friends wedding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYaZedawYmQ










nice - ive used this bee gees track just for the intro





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wRM-t7wvF0





also I've always liked the little intros on all the tracks on the steel pulse album 'tribute to the martyrs' - not that they really melt but i always notice them and i love that album - sorry all you roots reggae purists.
















 
I know it's just a rip-off of "Down by the River", but every time I hear the intro to Ralfi Pagan's "Make It With You" I get fooled into thinking I'm about to hear the most hardbody psychedelic soul ever:





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0YcHLs9nA





Then my dreams are dashed.
 
Mongo_Slade said:I know it's just a rip-off of "Down by the River", but every time I hear the intro to Ralfi Pagan's "Make It With You" I get fooled into thinking I'm about to hear the most hardbody psychedelic soul ever:











Then my dreams are dashed.




yeah that's one major let down at 32 seconds. I blame the drummer - never follow a snare build up with sidestick. I was expecting something more like this



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JNwqRF32ZI
 
kicks79 said:That leon ware track is so dope. You hear the jazzanova cover ?




its cool they hit up Leon to sing on it, but i thought it sounded soulless and digital..



 
both those bee gees intros are solid-concentrated-milk-butter











this one gets me every time too...







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfHIadG9WsM
 
Freeman - Frantic diagnosis. Album is worth the price for the intro of this track alone:





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzG3aMtCEww



 
ALSO





Master of piano intro's Allen Toussaint. 'From a whisper to a scream' is pure genius. Can't be YuTubed :(





And, always gives me shivers when her voice drops in: